ROSS Video MC1May 3, 2016
Blackmagic Micro Cinema CameraJune 1, 2016
ROSS Video BlackStorm
Easy, Affordable, Future-Proof
Getting the right clip on air at the right time is key to any live production. This is where the BlackStorm Playout Server excels as an easy-to-use Production Clip Player with a comprehensive production workflow.
It starts in editing with an elegant networked file-based workflow, supporting popular editing systems like Apple’s Final Cut, Adobe’s Creative Suite and Avid’s Media Composer. The workflow continues with standard protocols like VDCP and AMP allowing point-of-control integration with virtually any production switcher or remote control panel on the market. Finally, a sophisticated client / server interface gives easy and distributed operator control including production playlists with built-in transitions.
BlackStorm delivers in live production. From a technology standpoint, it is a unique software-based server platform using standard off-the-shelf hardware and offers a long-range growth path for future technology.
BlackStorm – Concentrated Server Power.
Robust. Serviceable. Ross Ingenuity, Dell Reliability.
Your productions are critical. Combining the best of the IT world with the best of the broadcast world, Ross delivers a rock-solid, highly dependable solution.
- SERVER GRADE CHASSIS | Heavy-gauge steel construction for extra strength
- LCD STATUS DISPLAY | Fan, power and temperature alarms • Disk and LAN activity
- USB 2.0 | Front mounted to allow quick connect of external storage devices
- SLIMLINE DVD ROM DRIVE
- HARDWARE RAID | For maximum performance and reliability
- INTEL XEON PROCESSOR | All video coding is done in software. The heart of the BlackStorm is a Quad-Core Xeon processor. Server-grade; Bullet-proof; High-performance.
- 4 HOT-SWAP DRIVES | Hot swap RAID 5 for system reliability and performance • Scalable and field upgradeable to meet your storage needs
- HARD DRIVES | BlackStorm uses Enterprise Class SATA-II drives desinged for 24/7/365 operation. Ross support and Dell support provides the utmost flexibility in sourcing spares
- MOUNTING | Standard EIA 19inch rackmount kit with rails included
- DIN 1.0/2.3 CONNECTORS | Adapter Cables Included
- DUAL GIGABIT LAN | FTP / Network File Transfer • Network BlackStorm Client Control • Remote control via VDCP and AMP protocols over Ethernet
- REDUNDANT POWER | Hot-swap fully redundant power supplies
- TIMECODE | LTC IN is used for house time reference. LTC OUT is used for clip timecode.
- 2 RS-422 SERIAL PORTS | Remote control via VDCP protocol
- GENLOCK | Analog reference accepts Blackburst or Tri-Level sync
- VIDEO OUTPUTS | 2 HD/SDI outputs with 16 channels of embedded audio